May 5th, 2004


Previous Entry Next Entry
10:30 pm - on Theadana...
Finally did another photosketch... Sure this one took me almost a year (well 10 months) to complete. Anyway, I present to you the Photosketch of theadana.



Comments? Compliments? Criticisms? Cash?

(Also, if anyone cares, the answers to my lyrics meme are posted)

Current Mood: [mood icon] artistic

(10 comments | Leave a comment)

 
on Theadana... - graffiti.maverick

• Recent Entries
• Friends
• Archive
> ChrisMaverick dot com
• profile


Art & Photography
> 365 Days of Mav
> Elseworld.com
> Mav's Flickr Stream
> MavTV (youtube)
> Party Nook

Wrestling
> International Males
> IWC Wrestling
> BDW Wrestling
> CWF Wrestling

Other
> 1KWFFH
> Mav's DVD Library
> Verdandi (currently down)
> Mav's Schedule (currently down)
> Mav's MySpace
chrismaverick. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Comments:


[User Picture]From: sui66iy Date: May 5th, 2004 - 08:22 pm (Link)
I don't know if the graininess and flattened shadows in the skin tones are totally working for me. It looks more like a compression artifact than an aesthetic choice, somehow... I feel like the obvious thing to do is bring her out of the background, so she's alive, while the background is flattened and dead, but hardening the shadows does the opposite, so that she becomes just a piece of scenery like the tire and the bike. Which says something, I guess, but if I were going to go that way I might push it even harder so that she becomes extremely abstracted and is boiled down to just shapes and lines.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: May 5th, 2004 - 08:57 pm (Link)
yeah, I kinda see your point.

On the other hand, I really like the effect of the texture. Unfortunately, its kind of lost on the smaller version. But its a lot like the texture in the Gina pic. Anyway, here is a blown up detail:

[User Picture]From: rackletang Date: May 6th, 2004 - 06:10 am (Link)
I'm no art critic, so I'll just say: I think it's purrdy.

As for the lyrics meme, the only one I'm disappointed in myself for not getting is that Morphine song, I love them... But I did get to stretch my old school hip hop muscles. Which I admit, I do all the time. *stealthily removes Salt N Pepa CD from player and hides it*
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: May 6th, 2004 - 09:44 am (Link)
thanx...
[User Picture]From: mamarayne Date: May 6th, 2004 - 10:03 am (Link)
Hey I like this one. As a matter of fact, I'd rate this one pretty high!
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: May 6th, 2004 - 10:06 am (Link)
thanx.

mostly I really like this one for the composition... I was fond of the photo to start with.
[User Picture]From: beststephi Date: May 6th, 2004 - 02:54 pm (Link)
This is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite. I can't think of anything to change, though I also am no art critic.

That girl, Larissa, on your background looks strikingly like the actress I always confuse with Mina Sorvino because their names are similar. Creepy.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: May 6th, 2004 - 03:00 pm (Link)
This is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite.

Wow... thanx...

I can't think of anything to change, though I also am no art critic.

well for starters, what do you actually like about it? Why do you like it?

That girl, Larissa, on your background looks strikingly like the actress I always confuse with Mina Sorvino because their names are similar.

Hmmm, do you mean Mira Sorvino or someone else who's name is actually Mina? Because I can't think of who you're talking about.
[User Picture]From: beststephi Date: May 6th, 2004 - 03:20 pm (Link)
well for starters, what do you actually like about it? Why do you like it?

Bad to explain gut feelings. But if you insist...for starters, the picture itself is interesting--the contrast between the lovely Laura and the riff-raff around her. And I like the way she pops out of the picture (I think the different coloring of her and the background helps), and the flattering shadow on her face highlighting her cheekbone. I don't know why, but I like that Laura and the tire have the same degree of realism, in contrast to the rest. Maybe because if the tire were less realistic looking the contrast would be less, um, contrasting. Or something.


I'm thinking of Mena Suvari. Spitting image.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: May 6th, 2004 - 03:32 pm (Link)
ah... thanx, yeah, that's the kind of critique I was looking for. Its cery helpful believe it or not.

I'm thinking of Mena Suvari. Spitting image.

Hmmm... maybe a little bit. I don't know that she's the "spitting image" but when I look for it, I see what you mean. Hmmm... I'll have to tell her... or maybe she'll just see this comment. *shrug*
 

• Go to Top
LiveJournal.com