- Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.
- A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
- A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.
- Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.
- You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
- Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.
And my favorite law mentioned on Montel was from Washington State:
A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town."