April 13th, 2005


Previous Entry Next Entry
02:57 pm - on being the man who rules the world... (for a day).

(10 comments | Leave a comment)

 
on being the man who rules the world... (for a day). - graffiti.maverick

• Recent Entries
• Friends
• Archive
> ChrisMaverick dot com
• profile


Art & Photography
> 365 Days of Mav
> Elseworld.com
> Mav's Flickr Stream
> MavTV (youtube)
> Party Nook

Wrestling
> International Males
> IWC Wrestling
> BDW Wrestling
> CWF Wrestling

Other
> 1KWFFH
> Mav's DVD Library
> Verdandi (currently down)
> Mav's Schedule (currently down)
> Mav's MySpace
chrismaverick. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Comments:


[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: April 14th, 2005 - 07:34 am (Link)
Wacky. Liberal, liberal, conservative. I don't necessarilly agree with the way you fell on all of those, but I think its refershing to find someone young who doesn't just fall squarely in the republican or democrat camps without thinking all the issues through. So instead, before I give you my views, I'm gonna ask you to explain yours a little more. How did you come to each of those ideals and how would you implement them? Do you think that any of them specifically conflict or support any of the others?
[User Picture]From: pointparker Date: April 14th, 2005 - 10:23 am (Link)
heh. okay I don't know if i can answer all your questions.
1. Gay marriage should be legal because this is the land of the free. I could give two shits if people support homosexuality, they deserve every right that any other citizen has.

2. People are going to smoke mariujana anyway. I really don't know much about drugs at all, but I'm assuming that if it were legal and the government could somehow regulate it, people wouldn't get as much weed with other bad things laced through it.

I'd make the laws similar to alcohol though, like no smoking weed while driving or no driving while under the influence. Probably 18 years old to smoke, cuz i think you should be aloud to drink at 18 too. (If at 18, someone faces the penalties of an adult, they should get all of the priviledges too.

3. I believe a woman's choice is should I use birth control or not? Should I make the guy wear a condom or not? and in cases of rape-- there is a 72 hour pill. So there is no reason to murder a life. If you still don't want a baby, there are plenty of infertile people in the world that would like to adopt it.

I don't know how I'd implement these rules. That's why I'm not going into politics. And I don't see them directly affecting the others. They're just my opinions. Hope I answered your questions. :)
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: April 14th, 2005 - 10:48 am (Link)
well, good job on thinking them all through all the way. Thanx for answering.
From: mickgambino Date: April 14th, 2005 - 10:37 pm (Link)
My only comment on this is that it is a proven fact that until a particular point during pregnancy does the fetus develop any sort of consciousness. The current situation of abortions only allow said act to occur to a certain point- when the fetus still has no sense of being, or even a sense of pain for that matter.

I think we need to focus more on those already living than those who have yet to be born. For me, the soldiers in Iraq are more important than a baby who hasn't even began to develop. To me it's all about prioritizing.

Not that you're wrong and I'm right, or the other way around. That's just my take on the situation. That's what makes this country great- you can voice your opinion.
 

• Go to Top
LiveJournal.com