May 31st, 2006


Previous Entry Next Entry
11:11 am - Maverick Magazine Exclusive: The 25 Hottest Men Alive - 2006 Edition

(64 comments | Leave a comment)

 
Maverick Magazine Exclusive: The 25 Hottest Men Alive - 2006 Edition - graffiti.maverick — LiveJournal

• Recent Entries
• Friends
• Archive
> ChrisMaverick dot com
• profile


Art & Photography
> 365 Days of Mav
> Elseworld.com
> Mav's Flickr Stream
> MavTV (youtube)
> Party Nook

Wrestling
> International Males
> IWC Wrestling
> BDW Wrestling
> CWF Wrestling

Other
> 1KWFFH
> Mav's DVD Library
> Verdandi (currently down)
> Mav's Schedule (currently down)
> Mav's MySpace
chrismaverick. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Comments:


[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: June 1st, 2006 - 03:52 pm (Link)
yes, its too late. Perhaps they can make your list next year.

What you say is interesting, and it leads into the comments that nemesisn4sa was making above. Is Bono really sexy because of that? Does it make you want to fuck him more or want to date him more? Do you differentiate between the two lists? Like you said, Jimmy Carter has done tons of good for humanity, but when you look at him, you just don't see raw unfettered sexuality like you do with Danny Trejo.
[User Picture]From: beststephi Date: June 1st, 2006 - 04:41 pm (Link)
Yes, Bono is sexy because of that. Makes me want to do both more.

By "two lists", you mean men and women? I don't know if I agree that looks are relatively more important than personality for attractiveness for women than men for me. For example, I think Liv Tyler is very pretty, but I think she's stupid and sexist and that makes her unattractive. But, on the other hand, I don't think Angelina Jolie is more attractive because she's a goodwill ambassador. Maybe it's because we expect women to be nice and good, so this isn't as unusual, and therefore it isn't as attractive as for men.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: June 1st, 2006 - 05:36 pm (Link)
actually, I meant nemesisn4sa's comment that there are two different ways you could interpret hotness. She could make a list of celebrities she wanted to fuck and a list of celebrities she wanted to date, and they are entirely different. To use your examples, do you think Angelina Jolie or Bono are any better in bed than Liv Tyler simply because of their involvement with the UN? I'm guessing probably not. But they might make for more interesting conversation at a dinner date. I think it also plays very well into the premises of the ladder theory mentioned by zyrain above

That said, maybe you have a point. Does personality really come into play more with men than it does with women? That was kind of my premise all along. That's why I expected (and still theorize) that this poll is more useless than the female poll. I think when arbitrarilly judging women, we (men and women) tend to look more at their physical traits, how fuckable they are, than we do at their personality. I don't think that's necessarilly wrong per se. I think that's just how they are. You acknowledge that you think Liv Tyler is pretty even though you don't like her. Essentially you're being all male chauvinistic and saying "She may be dumb as a post, but I'd hit that!" just in a nicer way. But you seem unable to acknowledge that Bono, despite your crush on him, really isn't that good looking. If Bono was just some guy on the street he'd be an old guy with greasy hair and sunglasses. Other examples are Connery, Trump, Hefner, Mandela etc. Being particularly rich, powerful, or possessing innate goodness makes all the difference with men. You say something like "He might not be the best looking, but he's so ______. I'd hit that."

I don't think that this is uncommon at all.
 

• Go to Top
LiveJournal.com