October 12th, 2006


Previous Entry Next Entry
10:16 pm - on juggs, journals and jams...

(43 comments | Leave a comment)

 
on juggs, journals and jams... - graffiti.maverick — LiveJournal

• Recent Entries
• Friends
• Archive
> ChrisMaverick dot com
• profile


Art & Photography
> 365 Days of Mav
> Elseworld.com
> Mav's Flickr Stream
> MavTV (youtube)
> Party Nook

Wrestling
> International Males
> IWC Wrestling
> BDW Wrestling
> CWF Wrestling

Other
> 1KWFFH
> Mav's DVD Library
> Verdandi (currently down)
> Mav's Schedule (currently down)
> Mav's MySpace
chrismaverick. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Comments:


[User Picture]From: lonelocust Date: October 13th, 2006 - 02:56 am (Link)
Personally, I don't like breast implants, but I just find them aesthetically displeasing. I don't generally care for really large boobs, but I find natural really large boobs more aesthetically pleasing than implant really large boobs. I've seen some boob jobs that took the patient from totally flat to an A or B, and I didn't think those looked bad.

I'm all about people getting whatever body modifications they want. I see boob jobs as the same as tattoos or what-have-you. And I might think that some tattoos look like shit, and I might think that most boob jobs look like shit, but I'm all about the person getting them if that's what they want.

I wouldn't consider an augmentation myself, as I prefer medium-sized boobs personally, and because it wouldn't be important to me. I'd consider reduction if my boobs were ginormous and caused me back problems definitely, and just for aesthetic value if they didn't cause me back problems but I just didn't like them.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: October 13th, 2006 - 03:55 am (Link)
see, that's a different. That's more what I was getting at with guys who say they don't like implants. I think that's a fine point of view. Just like its fine to say you don't like girls who are "too fat" or "too skinny" or men who are "too short" or "too tall" or like you said, not loking tattoos. That's entirely different than the opinion of people who say that its anti-feminist to want implants.
[User Picture]From: lonelocust Date: October 13th, 2006 - 10:59 pm (Link)
People who say it's "anti-feminist" for someone else to do what that someone else wants to do with that someone else's body piss me off. What they're saying is that that someone else doesn't fit THEIR idea of how women should look and behave. Anyone whose idea of "feminism" is "Don't act and dress like traditional society wants you to! Act and dress like *I* want you to!" has no sympathy from me. (Nor does anyone whose idea of "feminism" includes thinking things without penises are inherrently better than things with penises, but that's another rant altogether.)
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: October 14th, 2006 - 03:18 am (Link)
EXACTLY! That's actually the main reason for my dislike of the very word feminism. Sure there are some good ideas there, but the very word has too much baggage now. Of course, I won't identify myself as any political party so its no wonder I feel that way.

But that was in particular what I am commenting on. The "feminist" idea that in some respect the behavior of individual women hurts all women. If a woman wants to implant silicone balloons in her chest, she should have just as much right as she does to have a mass of subdividing cells removed from her uterus. To disdain the traits that you don't like is to weaken your argument in support of those traits you do.
 

• Go to Top
LiveJournal.com