October 12th, 2006


Previous Entry Next Entry
10:16 pm - on juggs, journals and jams...

(43 comments | Leave a comment)

 
on juggs, journals and jams... - graffiti.maverick — LiveJournal

• Recent Entries
• Friends
• Archive
> ChrisMaverick dot com
• profile


Art & Photography
> 365 Days of Mav
> Elseworld.com
> Mav's Flickr Stream
> MavTV (youtube)
> Party Nook

Wrestling
> International Males
> IWC Wrestling
> BDW Wrestling
> CWF Wrestling

Other
> 1KWFFH
> Mav's DVD Library
> Verdandi (currently down)
> Mav's Schedule (currently down)
> Mav's MySpace
chrismaverick. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Comments:


[User Picture]From: marsinthestars Date: October 13th, 2006 - 10:33 am (Link)
I've never really given implants much thought in terms of being for or against them, but I guess I do look down on women who get them. I feel like they're wasting their money on something that's both shallow and that makes people look at them as sex objects rather than human beings.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: October 13th, 2006 - 12:01 pm (Link)
ok... good, finally someone copping to the opposite view. now I can ak questions.

but why do you care:
1) its not your money. and
2) why is it any more shallow than getting a tattoo, as others pointed out here. Is it just that men find it desirable? Because some men don't. And some men are really into tattoos.
3) Why is it shallow at all. Everyone wants to feel sexy/beautiful/attractive. If you don't, and you haven't for your entire life, and you can do something about it for $5000. Wouldn't it be worth it? I mean, what if it weren't breasts. What if you were born bald and incapabale of growing hair, but you could fix that for $5000. Would you do it? What if you had advanced vitiligo, would you spend money on fixing that? Heck, do you ever dye your hair? Where does the line of shallow begin?
[User Picture]From: marsinthestars Date: October 13th, 2006 - 04:17 pm (Link)
I don't care on a personal level - like I said, I don't have a vendetta against them, having never really thought about them until this post. But I see so many intelligent and attractive women who are frustrated by the way men refuse to treat them as equals in the professional world, and the problem is enhanced (no pun intended) for women with larger cup sizes. Why the stereotype that hurts them? Because of bimbos with implants.

It's not necessarily, on a case by case basis, more shallow than a tatoo. However, more often than not, I've seen people getting tatoos because they want to commemorate something or make something a part of themselves. Breast implants tend to be more about "making you feel better" - when people get tatoos to "makes themselves feel better" they often regret it within five years.

As for what's wrong with using implants to "make yourself feel more attractive," don't even get me started. Ignoring the health issues, the back issues, the numerous recalls and cancer scares (none of which will help make you feel better about yourself after the first three months of "yay! new boobies!" wears off), there's the issues that people who change their bodies randomly to feel better will not feel better. I hated my nose for awhile, and it took me a lot of thinking to realize that would find SOMETHING else wrong with either my nose or face if I got a nose job. People who are overweight and change their body image don't feel better because they got lipo, they feel better because they have a goal, they have endorphins from exercise, they have something they're Doing each day. A new job, or a new hobby makes people feel better about themselves, not a new ass or chin or breasts.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: October 13th, 2006 - 04:38 pm (Link)
I don't know that I agree with the last paragraph. I've talked to several people who have had plastic surgery who are quite pleased with it years later and certainly after the 3 month "yay new boobies" thing wears off. It's all a value system. And I know for sure there are people who have gotten lipo or gastric bypass and perfectly happy about it. And some who aren't. I think its all a personal value system.
[User Picture]From: marsinthestars Date: October 13th, 2006 - 08:14 pm (Link)
Well, of coruse it's a personal value system. Otherwise what would be the point of opening it to discussion? It would just be a set in stone response. My value system just happens to be the right one. ;-)

More seriousmy, since you are talking about the majority of women feeling anti-implants, I am responding by explaining that it's due to the majority of womens' reasons for getting them. I'm sure there are people who have other reasons or are happy forever after years of hating their flat chests, but those aren't the ones who I'm talking about.
[User Picture]From: chrismaverick Date: October 14th, 2006 - 03:20 am (Link)
yep, that's what I was asking and your answer is fair and reasonable. Well, except for the part where you're wrong. My value system is the correct one. :-P
 

• Go to Top
LiveJournal.com